Wednesday 15 May 2013

EYES iBook

One of the things I volunteered to be a part of was the Creative Futures event the University is trying out this year. For the event I have to create an iBook demonstrating aspects of my project and I have to attend the event where I will promote myself to industry professionals.

Editing my iBook
However, I don't think I will have the book completed in time! It was always going to be a tall order with the production of the iBook only taking place in the last two weeks. The Uni has even acknoweldged that they miscalculated all that was involved. My biggest problem has been the fact they only installed the iBook Author software in one of the computer rooms; a computer room that has timetabled classes, so I've had to work around them. Thus far, I've managed three sessions in there: Friday 3rd May (Induction session), Wednesday 8th May and, today, Wednesday 15th May.

The cover of my iBook. I still need to add a subtitle and my name to it.

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to knock it on the head!

It's slightly disappointing because I was looking forward to the event, but it's not a complete waste, as I can still submit the iBook as part of my project Appendix. It would also have meant that I would have got out of doing a Viva, but my aversion to doing one was only because I wanted to finish the module quicker. However, now that the film department have given me an extension to cut down my dissertation I won't be finished until the 31st, after the scheduled Viva slots.

I'm glad that I've had this brief dabble with the concept of the iBook because it has opened my eyes to their potential and, certainly, it is something I would endorse the University to use more. Although, I would recommend that they be a little better organized next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment