Friday 22 February 2013

Sound and Lighting Tests: Upper Weir - 21/02/2013

Following on from my initial technical concerns about lighting and sound recording on the Upper Weir location (11/02/2013 Test Footage & 12/02/2013 Test Footage), I conducted some research into the University's equipment (for the sound) and elsewhere for the lighting (see below).

 

While looking for a solution to my lighting problem, I came across the above video and liked the very simple and surprisingly satisfactory result it offered. Following the videos guidance I invested in an LED torch and nabbed some gel paper (you place this over the bulbs to soften the light and to stop it from your blinding your performers) from the Broadcast Lab equipment cupboard. 
 
Last night, together with Tish and Matt, I conducted some sound and lighting tests at the Upper Weir location trying out the solutions I found. I did this to determine what would be the best microphone, camera, settings and lighting rig to use in order to achieve the results I want from the shoot. 

Following the results, I have decided to use the LED light and the Radio mics for the sound.

The videos below should be pretty self-explanatory.







No comments:

Post a Comment